(make 12 donuts)
GF, Dairy Free, Refined sugar free, Nut Free
- 1 ½ cups all purpose gluten free flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup Erythritol (or ½ cup coconut sugar)
- 8 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs beaten (room temperature)
- ½ cup EcoEating Organic Coconut Kefir
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Vanilla frosting ( I used Organic Vanilla Frosting by Wholesome)
- Cinnamon to sprinkle on top
Put it Together
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a standard size Donut pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, arrowroot, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and sugar until combine evenly. Create a well in the middle of dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl combine coconut oil, eggs, kefir and vanilla. Mix until combined. Slowly add into the well of dry ingredients and slowly combine dry ingredients into wet.
- Transfer batter into a piping bag fitted with a large, open tip (or you can use Ziploc bag and cut the tip) pipe batter into donut wells.
- Place in the center of a preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the donuts are slightly brown. Let donuts cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once donuts are cooled spread vanilla frosting and dust lightly with cinnamon.