When I first began this clean eating way of life, I was told by so many about how amazingly delicious avocados were. My peers were having them on their salads, in their smoothies, and using them in raw desserts. So, I took the plunge and tried this green fruit from Mexico and after tasting one chunk, right into the green bin it went!!! I was shocked that so many could say they enjoyed this food.
Fast forward a few years (and a changed palate) I can honestly say that I could not go without having avocados in my fridge. I love the creamy, refreshing texture they provide. Did I mention they help with weight loss!
The superstar ingredient found in Avocados is Monounsaturated Fat. This fat helps to increase your metabolism, allowing your body to burn fat more quickly. Better yet, eating monos keeps your belly skinny. That’s because, when your metabolism increases, fat cells in the abdomen are the quickest to give up their fat. It is also important to note that like all fats, moderation is key!
Why we should enjoy them
- Avocados are packed with nearly twenty vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients that fight chronic and age-related diseases.
- They are a good source of beta-sitosterol, a phytochemical that helps lower blood cholesterol.
- They are full of glutathione, the most powerful antioxidant, which protects cell DNA from free radicals. This delays aging as well as helping to prevent cancer.
I hope you enjoy this cooling creamy soup as much as my family does.
Cold Avocado Cucumber Coconut Kefir Soup
- 2 cucumbers, peeled
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 clove garlic
- ¾ cup EcoEating Organic Coconut Kefir
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped or to taste
Combine all in ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Divide into serving bowls and top with fresh dill and a dollop of kefir