I love the smell of fresh banana bread baking. The sweetness in the air makes me very impatient to take that first bite. Adding Coconut Kefir to the recipe really added in some extra moisture without the dairy. Enjoy fresh from the oven or smother on some nut butter, either way your taste buds with be dancing with joy.
Coconut Kefir Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Baking flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1:1)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas, about 3
- 1/2 cup coconut kefir
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan
- In a large bowl, cream together the coconut sugar and coconut oil. Add the eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; combine with the coconut oil mixture.
- Add the coconut kefir, bananas, and vanilla; stir well.
- Folder in optional chocolate chips or nuts if using
- Pour into prepared pan and top with additional nuts if desired. Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then turn the loaf out onto a rack