These chocolate peanut butter muffins are the perfect pick me up snack when you want something a little sweet and a little salty. I am personally obsessed with chocolate and peanut butter and these gems packed a punch of both flavours in a convenient healthy muffin. I especially love sharing one with a cup of Earl Grey tea.
- 1½ cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cacao
- ¼ cup vegan mini chocolate chips (I used enjoy life)
- 1 cup organic coconut kefir
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut milk ( I used silk unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons organic natural peanut butter or other nut butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with muffin liners
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cacao, and chocolate chip.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut kefir, coconut sugar, maple syrup, milk, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Combine the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Evenly distribute the batter between all 12 muffin cups.
- Drop a tsp of peanut butter on the top of each muffin. Using a small fork gently stir PB into batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 muffins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then remove from the muffin pan to a wire rack to finish cooling.